Serendipi-tumor

Lookee what I discovered in the Little Free Library near my house:



My question for you is this: Just who is this publication for?



A medical student? No, the contents are too general, not medical enough. I'd hope medical students entering the world of brain surgery would have a textbook with a glossary.

A brain tumor patient? No, the contents are too broad to be useful. A person is usually diagnosed with a specific type of tumor. All the information about astrocytomas and glioblastomas is likely to freak out someone with a simple meningioma. (I know. After my diagnosis, I made the mistake of reading the ABTA's "So You Got Yourself a Brain Tumor" pamphlet -- I might not be remembering the name correctly -- and made myself nearly hyperventilate by seeing where my symptoms seemed to match other types of tumors.)

So is this wee dictionary for bloggers? Maybe!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Post-Craniotomy Media Diet

Fashion for the Newly Discharged Craniotomate

One Year Anniversary